Join us for a variety of luncheon presentations
Join members of Alaska Professional Communicators as we network during our monthly luncheons and hear speakers of interest.
- June 6: Vic Fisher: To Russia With Love: An Alaskan's Journey, Fischer's memoir
- July and August (No Meetings)
- Sept. 5: Kaylene Johnson (author of Sarah Palin's biography) speaking about her new biography of Dick Griffith, Canyons of Ice, which recounts his adventures
- Oct. 3: Flip Todd, Todd Communications
- Nov. 7: Shirley Holloway, Founder and Facilitator of Avant Guard Learning Alliance, and former superintendent of schools for the North Slope and president of Ilisagvik College
- Dec. 5: Sandy Harper: Behind the scenes at Cyrano's Theatre Company
- Jan. 2, 2014: Michael Carey, Alaska Edition and Running host
- Feb. 6: Polly Smith, executive director of the Alaska Literacy Program (ALP)
- March 6: TBA
- April 3: Lisa Murkowski, Alaska Senator
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 274-4723 and leave a message, including a phone number where you can be reached. When calling or sending an email, please include how many people are coming and their names.
About Monthly Luncheon Meetings
Alaska Professional Communicators meets for a luncheon on the first Thursday of each month. Meetings are located at Kinley's Restaurant in Midtown (next to Moose's Tooth). Registration and networking begin at 11:30 a.m., with lunch served at 11:45, and the program at noon. See Luncheon Meeting Schedule.
Reservations are needed to meet our advance guarantee requirements at the restaurant. Making a reservation and failing to honor it commits the organization to paying for your lunch. A person who is a "no show" is expected to reimburse the organization for the cost of lunch.
Guests of members $22.00
[All who attend are expected to pay the luncheon fee.]
Other ways to make lunch reservations
A week before the monthly luncheon meetings, the reservations chair sends an APC Email Express message, notifying all APC members and friends of APC with email addresses. Luncheon meeting notices include the name of the speaker, the speaker's topic and background information about the speaker. Special announcements are also made via APC Email Express messages.
Members and friends of APC may reserve places for lunch by clicking on the PayPal link above or by replying to the email notice. All reservations are due to APC no later than noon the Monday before the regular first-Thursday monthly meeting. If you'd like to be added to the APC Email Express mailing list, please send an email message to APC via the Contact tab at the top of this page.
To make reservations, you may also call 274-4723 and leave a message, including a phone number where you can be reached. When calling or responding to email, please include how many people are coming and their names.